Shopify prices in France, we explain everything to you!
Understanding the prices of a SaaS (Software as a Service) solution like Shopify is not necessarily easy when you are not used to it. Here are some details.
As a hosted e-commerce solution (SaaS), Shopify works with a monthly subscription system. The monthly subscription amount varies depending on the level of features you choose. And the cost includes a variable portion of the sales you generate. It's a very common win/win approach in the United States. You only pay more when you sell more. And if your sales explode, you can switch to the higher formula to reduce the variable part.
The different formulas are therefore as follows:
- Basic Shopify at $29/month + 2% commission : this is a simple version of Shopify, but already very complete with all the features you need to start and grow your online business.
- Shopify Standard at $79/month + 1% commission : this is the "classic" version of Shopify. The big difference compared to the Basic version is at the level of 2 interesting features that have been added: the recovery of abandoned baskets and gift cards.
- Advanced Shopify at $299/month + 0.5% commission : this is the full options version of Shopify. Interesting especially for sites with a lot of turnover and who want to benefit from the 0.5% commission.
Each of these versions comes with the functionalities of Shopify (online store, blog, sales channels...) and are therefore very complete from the Basic version.
Note: Shopify also exists in 2 more confidential versions:
- Shopify Lite at $9/month to start online sales, especially with purchase buttons, but without an online store.
- Shopify Plus which is intended for sites with high traffic and CA, which allows more advanced customization of Shopify and which is accessible by quote only.